The Institute for Higher Education Policy directs and is a core member of the Pathways to College Network (PCN), an alliance of national partners working collaboratively to improve college access and success for underserved students. PCN advances college opportunity by promoting the use of research-based policies and practices, the development of new research that is both rigorous and actionable, and the alignment of efforts across middle school, high school, and higher education in order to improve college access and success for underserved students.
Resources developed and maintained by individual Pathways to College Network partners to support this work include:
- An online searchable library of over 2,000 research studies (the American Institutes for Research)
- Online resources and tools on developing effective marketing techniques to increase college participation (The Institute for College Access and Success and the Southern Regional Education Board)
- Materials for college access practitioners and families that promote college readiness (ACT)
- State-level policies and resources related to student achievement and college success (Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education)
- For more college preparatory programs, search MoveED (www.moveed.org) a national directory of college access programs
Original reports and issue briefs focused on four key areas: Academic preparation and support, college access and information, financial aid and affordability, and college success.